Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost: From Fringe to Star Trek: J.J. Abrams

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

From Fringe to Star Trek: J.J. Abrams

 I was dreading writing this but the first step to a recovery is to accept it and move on with your life. 
I am so very upset with the Fringe producers and writers but most of all I'm so angry at J.J.Abrams, for coming up with a very cleverly thought series and abandoning it towards the end. It's so apparent the lack of his attention starts from the beginning of season 4. 
The final episode S05 x E13 An Enemy of Fate was so unfitting for the glorious-ness of the series that it made me feel uncomfortable as a fan. Yeah there were one or two scenes that I liked, but overall it was a bad mid-season episode let alone the series finale.








Actually, my anger towards him was fueled with him going back on his word; that he was never going to be involved with a Star Wars production. Yeah never say never J.J.... He is now the director of the new production of the Star Wars movies after the Disney merge.





I can't believe George Lucas even let the same man to be the director of both Star Wars and Star Trek franchises, even if that man is J.J. Abrams. Above everything else though, I hope he does succeed. 
The thing with J.J. Abrams is, he always starts on new projects with an uncanny interest and amazing creativeness, however it decreases over time visibly: Alias, Felicity, Lost, Fringe are just a FEW of the examples. His next test is Star Trek Into Darkness (2013). I just hope it is not just Benedict Cumberbatch being mysteriously dark and Kirk & Spock being the hero, as the trailer portrays. 


(ps There is a hidden link in the trailer actually hidden in many scenes and when you go to the address, there is a secret poster of the movie. It looks like it belongs to any other mediocre action movie, I just hope I'm wrong.)

I loved the first movie that it would be really saddening to see Abrams making a sequel just have been made one. I really hope it's better than it's action-filled  trailer.

Oh by the way, I'm just going to leave this collage of posters here for you to judge Into Darkness' poster. I'm not even gonna say one word about it, the collage talks for itself...


That's all I have to say about the epic(!) Fringe finale. I will always remember Fringe with fond memories and ending it at the hospital scene at the end of season 4 in my mind. For me, season 5 never happened. In any case, that was the end of everything Fringe n out lives. (Well except for my ring tone of the theme music, I don't see myself hating that an time soon :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment